• Welcome Message

    This blog will be used to show all those fancy digital things I do during my time at RIT in my Interactive Digital Media course! (of course, there will also be musings and such which might be questionable, so you've been warned)

We need more milk!

Posted by Josh Horsley On 8:30 pm 0 comments

Well, it'd be good if we had an unlimited supply of milk, but alas, it's not possible.

So the next alternative is playing the game Get The Glass. The name of the game is pretty simple and self explanatory really, so I'll move straight onto my thoughts about the game.

The board-game style of layout is good, and the way it was designed along with the animations worked out very well, and even the water animation is intricate. The attention to detail overall is good, even if the animations themselves looked a little muddled graphically. The gradual change from day to night is a nice touch as well.

In terms of gameplay, while it seems pretty simplistic at first look, it operates as a board game should. The Mastermind cards are often challenging along with the Hot Pursuit minigames, while the Fortune and Misfortune cards can pretty much make or break your game if the police are close by. I didn't get much of a look at the Milkatraz segment, but the 'Wheel of Fortune' style system had me counting on sheer luck to get me out, and I returned to where I left off prior to being caught. In some parts I was pretty confused as to what to do, but it took me long enough to work things out, especially getting inside Fort Fridge. My only real concern is the emulation of the die when it's being rolled... it seems a bit funky at times and doesn't seem to completely operate like a real die would when being thrown at an obscene speed! Oh well, nothing is necessarily perfect, right?

Sometimes I've found that puzzle + board game combinations don't work out extremely well, but Get The Glass pulls this off while still looking handsome.

0 Response for the "We need more milk!"

Post a Comment